Home Home Home Contact Me About Me Facebook Twitter Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Email Me

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Writing In A Middle School Math Class, a Necessary Addition

I love math and writing and when I get the chance to combine the two, I am ecstatically happy!  What I am not always best at is coming up with the prompt for students to write about.  We have implemented in our math classes a writing tracker assignment twice weekly and an essay each semester.  Coming up with a topic once a week is hard enough, twice, well that made my brain hurt!  So I did what I always try to do when I am needing something - I turned to TpT.  I found the most amazing resource made by Live Love MathMiddle School Math Writing Prompts { Content Specific }.  This set includes 70 (seventy!!) writing problems that cover 5 major content standards and are perfect for middle school.  I have also used them for my ninth grade algebra class and found them amazing!  My students liked the fact that the questions are printed on a half-sheet of paper so that the question is right there and doesn't require them to keep looking up to remember the question.  I really enjoyed the fact that the questions could be done in a few minutes and that I had a variety to choose from!  I encourage you to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...