Home Home Home Contact Me About Me Facebook Twitter Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Email Me

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A New Adventure As Another School Year Ends

As another school year draws to a close I find myself reflecting back on the previous year and planning forward to what the summer months will hold.  Over the course of the last year I have had the privilege of teaching Geometry at the high school level for another year (my 14th!) and adding in teaching Algebra 2 for the first time.  The challenges of balancing both along with my growing family and budget cuts at both my and my husband's jobs left me little time to be creative...or so I thought.

The budget cuts, and rising daycare costs, however forced me to tap my inner creativity and lead me to a wonderful site - Teachers Pay Teachers - in order to help supplement our needs.  The blessing that it has been escapes my ability to describe it.  My store, the SecondaryMathShop, features almost 150 different Geometry products at the moment and will feature many more by the end of summer.  They are designed to supplement lessons, give teachers activities to use in their classrooms and to give teachers complete units to use to meet common core standards!

Beyond that, however, I want to be able to share what I think secondary math can be - something fun, applicable and useful for students, teachers and the community alike.  To that end, I am creating this blog!  Over the course of the summer I plan to share some of my ideas of how to set-up and structure a secondary math classroom, how to excite secondary students about learning math and how to take a classroom and make it student-centered instead of always teacher centered.  As the new school progresses it is my hope that I will be able to share how the new performance assessments and tasks that I am designing are working and help you, the reader, to incorporate them in to your classroom as well.  So please, follow me, join me, comment and converse.  Secondary Math is a Spectacular World!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...